The iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C were merely updates to the previous iPhone models. This means that there is a lot of pressure heaped on the brand new iPhone 6, which is expected to be released later this September. As would be expected with Apple updates, the internet is teeming with news, leaks, rumors and speculation regarding this particular model.
According to statistics (shown by a survey on over 4000 people), the iPhone 6 is the most anticipated smartphone ever. It is definitely more popular than the 5S and 5C smart-phones, prior to their release, and we can easily get what all the hype is about. After having gathered and analyzed the most reliable data we could find online, and having checked out the sneak peak at what Apple may offer us in the future with the iOS 8, here’s a list of the major features, price range and release date.
When Will it be Released?
Technically, the iPhone 6 is actually the iPhone 8. That’s because before releasing a new iPhone model, the company has made a habbit of also releasing a “S” or “C” version of the same model. Although it was expected for the sixth iPhone to be released in 2013, this date was postponned due to the sale of the iPhone 5’s additional models. Chances are that the new iphone will be released at around the same time as the iOS 8 platform, which would be a perfect fit for the company.
There is also talk about Apple restricting holidays during September for German Apple store employees, so this can only mean that the release will happen around that time. There is also talk about two iPhones being released at the same time (a 4.7-inch one and a 5.5-inch one).
Possible New Features
Here are a few features that the iPhone 6 smart-phone might have:
1. Unbreakable Display: Apple has just signed a huge deal and started using saphire glass for its phones. While it may not be the most cost-effective feature, it definitely has its perks (especially since iPhones are the top devices for broken screen repairs). However, this, together with the patent for oleophobic (anti-smudge) coating, will definitely add up the the price of the device, and we are not sure if people are willing to pay so much for a premium feature such as these.
2. Display with Self-Heal: As if saphire glass wasn’t big enough, there are also rumors about brand-new iPhone displays that can self-heal. Every-time you get a scratch on the phone, or damage it through wear-and-tear it will be capable of healing itself.
3. QHD Resolution: Apple employees in Hong Kong stated that the iPhone 6 device will sport a QHD resolution, which basically means 2560 x 1600p, on a smart-phone! (that’s more than what i have on my computer). This is somewhat inprobable though, and the Apple team will most likely go for the 1080p resolution display.
4. Camera: Credible sources say that the iPhone 6 will have a camera of the 10-megapixel variety (maybe even 13 megapixels), with f/1.8 aperture. Sure, a closer look on the smart-phone market (Samsung’s 16 mega-pixel camera, and Nokia’s 41 megapixel one) might have you believe that 10-megapixels is not that much, but the iPhone has some great features including meticulous focus, point-and-shoot experience and artsy filetrs.
5. Bigger Battery: As we already mentioned, the iPhone 6 might come very well come in a 5.5-inch size. This means that the device requires a bigger, better battery. Recent information has surfaced, according to which a bigger better is being used for the iPhone 6 phone. The only problem that Apple is facing now is finding a battery slim enough to fit the slender frame of the device.
IPhone 6 Price Range
One thing is for certain, the iPhone 6 won’t be cheap. Just take a look at the features described above. Also keep in mind that Apple has a legacy of premium devices sporting premium price tags. It is expected that the iPhone 6 device will cost at least 100$ more than its predecessor. Nevertheless, the smart-phone must remain at a competitive price, so the overall price might hover around the sum of 500 pounds/860$.